WHAT WE HAVE TO WORK WITH
After 30 Years of Neglect, Ignorance and Sabotage
THE PERFECT STORM: AN EXPLANATION OF WHAT MATTERS
IT IS HARD TO IMAGINE the convergence of a more devastating set of circumstances.
This list is current conditions and problems:
1. Scientists can't speak English. "There is a 97% confidence level that the current emssions, if sustained, are likely to lead to serious consequences." English:"we are screwed.a
2. Scientists are split into many small origanizations like The Union of Concerned Scientists. They need join forces and drop words like "concerned." E.g. "we are concerned that the current level of Co2 output could cause a sea level rise that would have a serious effect on flooding in low lying cities." Engish: all of south florida is under water 50% of the time.3. There is no leadership. We need a powerful World Climate Authority. The only country that could do that is the US and that is hopeless.
4. We need a World Mitigation Authority. Same commentss apply.
5. We need a strategic plan which the above would supply based on surveyinf the entire world of cimate hange and presented in English. All of the websites I have seen suck. They are designer driven and either are too technical or too fancy.
6. We need a Congress that will supply enforcement legislation with teeth.