~ PROLOGUE ~ HOW I MET THE CLIMATE ~ THE MEANING OF SCIENCE ~ THE STATE OF THE CLIMATE ~ BEGINNING
ONE CHANCE ~ TRIBES ~ SENTIENCE ~
~ AGONY ~ LETTER TO PRESIDENT REIF OF MIT
WHO IS AT FAULT ~ CRITIQUE OF THE NEW YORK TIMES ~
WORLD CLIMATE AUTHORITY ~ A BIT OF BIO ~ APOLLO 8 ~ EPILOGUE
WEATHER is what happens locally and for relatively short periods, possibly for as short has a day or even as long as a year.
FOR CLIMATE CHANGE TO BE PRESENT the weather must change in one of two ways:
1. THE AVERAGE WEATHER must change over an extended period of time, and/or
2. THERE MUST BE A SUBSTANTIAL INCREASE IN WEATHER ANOMILIES over an extended period of time.
The present climate easily meets these criteria. Examples are:
1. A SUBSTANTIAL INCREASE IN TEMPERATURE over many decades.
2. HISTORIC PATTERNS OF WEATHER change significantly over many decades.
3. A CONTINUOUS RISE IN SEA LEVEL.
4. LARGER AND MORE INTENSE STORMS.
5. MANY INSTANCES OF RECORD DROUGHT.
6. A GREAT INCREASE IN THE NUMBER AND INSTENSITY OF WILDFIRES.
7. A DISRUPTION OF OCEAN CURRENTS.
And many others.